From rick bolkey <r...@bolkey.org>
Subject Re: naming of artifacts...
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 19:41:48 GMT
uber and dev are most likely classifiers.  they're basically ways to add
some more granularity to resolving the dependency.  it's good to use when
the codebase really isn't different, but maybe build settings were
different.  for example, with testng, you need to specify the "jdk15"
classifer to get a build that includes annotation support.  i've seen "test"
used as a classifier if the package includes the test classes.

http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#Dependencies

so, a classifier would be nice if you want to re-release the build once
we're not incubating anymore, but the code hasn't changed at all.