From "Gaurav Sandhir (gsandhir)" <gsand...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: [vote] include fix in release 1.0.2 (ETCH-24) The message direction is always "server" for the result_method messages in the java-binding valuefactory
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 17:40:23 GMT
+1. include the fix for Etch-24 in release 1.0.2

-Gaurav

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Comer (sccomer)
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 9:57 AM
To: etch-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [vote] include fix in release 1.0.2 (ETCH-24) The message
direction is always "server" for the result_method messages in the
java-binding valuefactory

ok, there was no discussion. let's vote. include this fix in release
1.0.2? 48 hours.

scott out

-----------------------

wei's patch for ETCH-24 is good.

the problem was calling the wrong method of ast/Message.java to get the
message direction from the velocity templates. this affected both java
and csharp bindings.

i think we should assign the fix version for this issue to be 1.0.2. the
risk of including this fix in 1.0.2 is nil, as the meta data being
corrected is not used by the runtime right now.

discussion?

scott out

scott comer (sccomer) wrote:
> thanks, wei. i will examine your patch today.
>
> scott out
>
> Wei Wang (JIRA) wrote:
>>      [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ETCH-24 ]
>>
>> Wei Wang updated ETCH-24:
>> -------------------------

>> I fixed this bug by modifying two velocity template files and the
attached is the subversion patch for the fix. With the fix the build
passed both JUnit and NUnit tests.

>> --Wei Wang
>>

>>> The message direction is always "server" for the result_method
>>> messages in the java-binding valuefactory
>>>
>>>                 Key: ETCH-24
>>>             Project: Etch
>>>          Issue Type: Bug
>>>          Components: java-binding
>>>    Affects Versions: 1.0.1
>>>         Environment: Windows
>>>            Reporter: Wei Wang
>>>         Attachments: etch_trunk_patch_issue_ETCH24.patch
>>>
>>>   Original Estimate: 24h
>>>  Remaining Estimate: 24h
>>>
>>> For java-binding, in the etch-compiled valuefactory java class, for
each method object (either server or client direction'ed), the
corresponding result method object (if the original method is not one
way) will always have a "SERVER" direction. Actually this method should
have "server" direction only when it's original method has "client"
direction.