From scott comer <scco...@cisco.com>
Subject [vote] include fix in release 1.0.2 (ETCH-24) The message direction is always "server" for the result_method messages in the java-binding valuefactory
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:57:01 GMT
ok, there was no discussion. let's vote. include this fix in release
1.0.2? 48 hours.

scott out

-----------------------

wei's patch for ETCH-24 is good.

the problem was calling the wrong method of ast/Message.java to get the
message direction from the velocity templates. this affected both java
and csharp bindings.

i think we should assign the fix version for this issue to be 1.0.2. the
risk of including this fix in 1.0.2 is nil, as the meta data being
corrected is not used by the runtime right now.

discussion?

scott out

scott comer (sccomer) wrote:
> thanks, wei. i will examine your patch today.
>
> scott out
>
> Wei Wang (JIRA) wrote:
>>      [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ETCH-24 ]
>>
>> Wei Wang updated ETCH-24:
>> -------------------------

>> I fixed this bug by modifying two velocity template files and the attached is the
subversion patch for the fix. With the fix the build passed both JUnit and NUnit tests.

>> --Wei Wang
>>

>>> The message direction is always "server" for the result_method messages in the
java-binding valuefactory
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>                 Key: ETCH-24
>>>             Project: Etch
>>>          Issue Type: Bug
>>>          Components: java-binding
>>>    Affects Versions: 1.0.1
>>>         Environment: Windows
>>>            Reporter: Wei Wang
>>>         Attachments: etch_trunk_patch_issue_ETCH24.patch
>>>
>>>   Original Estimate: 24h
>>>  Remaining Estimate: 24h
>>>
>>> For java-binding, in the etch-compiled valuefactory java class, for each method
object (either server or client direction'ed), the corresponding result method object (if
the original method is not one way) will always have a "SERVER" direction. Actually this method
should have "server" direction only when it's original method has "client" direction.