From "scott comer (sccomer)" <scco...@cisco.com>
Subject [vote] include the fix for etch-25 in release 1.0.2
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:32:26 GMT
DefaultDeliveryService ends call with mb.CloseDelivery() and it should end it with mb.CloseRead()

                 Key: ETCH-25
             Project: Etch
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: csharp-binding, java-binding
    Affects Versions: 1.0.1, 1.0.0
            Reporter: scott comer

when done reading the mailbox, the right method to call is CloseRead(). somehow the code actually
calls CloseDelivery(), a method used to shutdown the writing side of the mailbox. CloseRead()
calls CloseDelivery() first off, but then takes the additional steps of redelivering any messages
left in the mailbox.

The distinction is rather fine, and this bug was found by reading the source code. There are
certain ways you could exercise this bug, but it would be very rare and not have any real
impact. So, it isn't an emergency to fix it, but it is also a relatively benign fix. I've
already made the change in my tree and tested it. The patch is attached.

there is little risk. all unit tests have passed.

scott out