From "Nithya Vijayakumar (nvijayak)" <nvija...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Post to Etch developer community
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 17:14:17 GMT

We want to expose the underlying Etch services as SOAP. So no additional
server side implementations needed. Our requirements is not to expose
Service A to SOAP, but expose Etch Service A to SOAP. I understand that
if we are starting the product from scratch we have several options.
Instantiating a service without a default constructor is one thing, but
data transfer doesn't happen in the same way. From our experience with
many web service solutions (CXF, ServiceMix, Axis etc) for any
serializable communication to happen, we need no-arg constructors for
the data objects.

We have been using Tuscany for well over a year now and have made many
modifications to its original source that we are in the process of
contributing back to the community. May be I wasn't clear in my earlier
explanation. We need POJOs for use with Tuscany. We need default
constructors for exposing applications as SOAP with Axis 2.

Our current framework's scope is well beyond just SOAP and Etch and it
supports a variety of features. The supported model for our application
is deployment within Tomcat and Jetty containers. This framework is
already being used by many products in our organization, hence moving to
spring framework right now would be not feasible for us.

We understand that the requirements for no-arg constructors stems from
the design of our architecture and our choice of tools. However, we are
facing a requirement to expose Etch as SOAP (in our current Tuscany
based framework). Hence the request.

Thanks,
Nithya