From "Niclas Hedhman" <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Board Report
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2008 08:09:15 GMT
On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 7:11 AM, James Dixson <jadixson@cisco.com> wrote:
> On 10/11/08 3:22 PM, "Niclas Hedhman" <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
>
>> Scott, James
>>
>> I have added you both a Project administrators. Not sure exactly what
>> rights that gives you, but I hope enough. I am also making James the
>> "Project Lead" in JIRA.
>>

> I think the way Jira works, I would have to be a Jira Administrator to
> manage project components and versions. That is how is works for us here on
> our internal Jira instances.
>
> I also think all the "Project Lead" designation does is default ownership of
> new issues to the project lead.

Well, there are "jira-administrators" and that is not handed out
'lightly' (as these potentially can kill off everything), but you also
have 'project administrators', and I have made you and Scott that, on
top of the Project Lead. "Default Assignee" is separate from Project
Lead. I think Project Lead (without being project administrator) can
do stuff like manage versions and components. Anyhow, you should have
enough karma for now on that.

>> As for Wiki --> There are many Wiki instances running at ASF. So first
>> it is a matter of making a choice. Personally I would recommend
>> Confluence (http://cwiki.apache.org) ...
>
> My 'cwiki' ID is dixson3@gmail.com. Would I just open an INFRA request to
> have and ETCH space provisioned?

Let me do that. As Mentor, the INFRA team don't need to go looking for
'who authorized it?'.

Cheers
Niclas