From James Dixson <jadix...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: Board Report
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2008 13:41:48 GMT

On 10/12/08 3:09 AM, "Niclas Hedhman" <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 7:11 AM, James Dixson <jadixson@cisco.com> wrote:
>> On 10/11/08 3:22 PM, "Niclas Hedhman" <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Scott, James
>
> Well, there are "jira-administrators" and that is not handed out
> 'lightly' (as these potentially can kill off everything), but you also
> have 'project administrators', and I have made you and Scott that, on
> top of the Project Lead. "Default Assignee" is separate from Project
> Lead. I think Project Lead (without being project administrator) can
> do stuff like manage versions and components. Anyhow, you should have
> enough karma for now on that.

Hrm. So far I cannot. On the Browse Project page:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ETCH I can "Create a new Issue". But I
do not have an "Administrate Project" link/option, nor do I have the
"Adminstration" top level link.

Maybe the permission scheme assigned to the Etch project is not set to grant
project administration to the "project administrator's" group Scott and I
are assigned to?

I understand not wanting to give away the keys to the kingdom on our first
day :-)

If it turns out you can solve this with by adjusting the permission scheme
and that is easy then great, otherwise lets start out with this list of
components and versions for Etch. This should get us started:

Components:
  compiler
  java-binding
  csharp-binding