From Vladimir Ivanov <lester.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Actions with Lift 2.2 (was: Move to latest Lift release for 1.2)
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2010 00:56:26 GMT
Ethan,

I have a little misunderstanding - you wrote that MappedLong had been used
to search in a Map(Any, LiftActor) in MessagePullActor and Long had been as
a key to store value. But where had this conversion happend? I neither see
it in PF below nor I can figure out what implicit conversion had been
applied. It seems to me like the same obj (MappedLong) was used to store
value.

case StartPullActor(obj, lastMessage, messageSource) =>
      if (!messagePullActors.contains(obj)) {
        val pullActor = new MessagePullActor(Distributor, lastMessage,
messageSource)
        messagePullActors += (obj -> pullActor)
        pullActor ! StartUp
      }

2010/12/19 Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com>

> Ahhh, so is it accurate to say that the problem is that when the
> parameter is Any the compiler is not doing an implicit conversion from
> MappedLongKey to Long, but when the parameter is Long it tips off the
> compiler that the implicit conversion is necessary? Of course, in that
> case I don't understand why this ever worked :-)
>
> Ethan
>
> On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > Thanks Ethan! I noticed now that I have tried to create a very generic
> > Map, but now restricted the key type from Any to Long in order to
> > avoid this type of error in the future.
> >
> > I've also just fixed a bug caused by different treatment of XML node
> > equality in Scala 2.7 and 2.8. If I remember correctly, many Lift
> > tests failed because of this when they tried to migrate to Scala 2.8.
> >
> > Vassil
> >

> > On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> This is (I believe) fixed. We were using a MappedLongKey to do a
> >> lookup in a map but we were storing the value being looked up with a
> >> key that was just a Long. I guess this doesn't work any more? :-)
> >>
> >> Ethan

> me.

> currently
If
> me).

> work

"every X min"
It looks like
> the
> the

> try

> messages:

> http://issues.apache.org/jira/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-xml/temp/SearchRequest.xml?pid=12310850&reporterSelect=specificuser&reporter=esjewett&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC&tempMax=1000

> esjewett@gmail.com>
> Jira
> every 5
I see nothing.