From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User page design questions/directions
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 17:40:15 GMT
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 6:27 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>wrote:

> No idea why it it is still blank

Yeah, I didn't mean to bring that up. Was just explaining why I used your
page and not mine :-) Something else we need to look in to.

> > 1. We need to display both the contacts and a timeline on this page, so
> the
> > tab display probably needs to stay, at least for now.
>
> I might think of changing the UI though - the distinction between
> followers / followed is pretty primitive

Great point. Should we have two tabs for this instead of the current single
tab for contacts? Following and Followers?

> The profile picture is actually there - (look at the code or look at
> the pager in IE7) but is broken. I had a problem in lift where I
> couldn't figure out to get it to work

Interesting. I did not realize that. Do you know of an issue for this
problem? If not, I'll create one.

> > 4. I am thinking I will not want to put a message input box on this page,
> as
> > it is not a pure timeline display, so it could be very confusing to
> users.
>
> Agreed - no input box - although what happens if I want a message the
> user that I am currently looking at. The "@user" could be added
> automatically

Not sure I understand this. If there is no input box, it's not really an
issue because you won't be able to send a message from this page. Though who
knows when will happen after we redesign the input box.

Thanks for the response. That was really helpful!

Ethan