From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject ESME-291 - replies duplicated in streams and public timeline
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:41:28 GMT
Hi all,

Dick did some testing after my commits today and found a couple of issues.
The first (ESME-290) was that I broke the public timeline. That is now
fixed.

The second issue is ESME-291 -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-291.  The problem is that replies
show up duplicated in the streams view and in the public timeline view
(though in the public timeline view it is *only* for messages that were
created before the public timeline actor started up, so if you create new
replies you need to restart the server to see them duplicated in the public
timeline). This is actually an old issue. It exists at least in release 1.1
and probably well before that.

The reason this is happening is that when a reply is created there are
actually two messages created and persisted to the database. One is created
in the UserActor, which is what is supposed to happen. But another message
is created somewhere else and I can't figure out where! Any ideas?

Ethan