From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-incubating-1.1 - Second vote
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 07:42:50 GMT
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I just did a "mvn site" and here are the licenses found.  Which of
>>> these licenses should be in a THIRD-PARTY.txt  file and where would I
>>> find an example of such file that I can use as a template. Or should
>>> the information go into the
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/esme/trunk/NOTICE.txt file?
>>
>> Not in the NOTICE, that's only for required notices.
>>
>> I suggest creating a THIRD-PARTY.txt to list those licenses, to keep
>> track of the work you've done in researching them. The goal is just to
>> list the dependencies and indicate that ESME has checked them, and
>> expand that file is new dependencies are used later.

>>> Unknown: Unnamed - com.twitter:xrayspecs:pom:1.0.7, Unnamed -
>>> org.jboss.netty:netty:pom:3.1.5.GA, Unnamed -
>>> org.scala-tools:vscaladoc:pom:1.1-md-3, asm, cglib

netty is Apache 2.0 - http://www.jboss.org/netty/downloads.html
vscaladoc is Apache License 2.0 - see http://code.google.com/p/vscaladoc/
xrayspecs is also Apache 2.0 but you have to look in the source to see
the license - http://github.com/twitter/xrayspecs/blob/master/src/main/scala/com/twitter/xrayspecs/Time.scala

Should this information be placed in the THIRD-PARTY.txt  file and be
placed in the trunk - same level as KEYS, etc? Is there a particular
format for this file?