incubator-esme-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search - Created ESME 279
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2010 05:15:36 GMT
I just did a fresh build this morning (deleting the .m2 / maven
repository)  - I'll see if the problem is gone.



On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 5:29 AM, Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in.imtiaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you close the Jira issue? Or, should I? Is it that the reporter closes
> an issue after verifying that it is fixed ?
>
> The issue is showing up as unscheduled...I'm not able to change it to Fix
> For Release 1.1...would you...I can't figure out how to do that in the Jira
> UI!

In JIRA, just edit the item and change the release via the selectbox
>
> Imtiaz
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Hirsch" <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
> To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
> Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 4:28 PM
> Subject: Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search - Created ESME 279
>
>
> This was a problem with the html code - I've corrected it.
>
> I still need to check to see if JDBC problem is still present
>
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in.imtiaz@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> For the record, I was always using FireFox and I didn't have this
>> straightforward problem before. It looks as if the problem crept in
>> during/after Dick's vacation since I fixed search during his vacation and
>> didn't have this problem.
>> As this and Dick's mail imply, it may have crept in since as part of the
>> changes to handle browser dependencies or maybe some other Message-related
>> code changes.
>> Should be easy to narrow down.
>>
>> Created ESME - 279 : Search result does not show message text for matches.
>>
>> Imtiaz
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Hirsch"
>> <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
>> To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>; <in.imtiaz@gmail.com>
>> Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 12:58 PM
>> Subject: Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
>>
>>
>> I'll test again tomorrow and if the problem still exists - I'll create
>> a JIRA item with a better description of the steps I took - then we
>> can compare.
>>
>> @Imtiaz - can you post a JIRA issue with the search bug using FF
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 8:35 AM, <in.imtiaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> FireFox latest update happened yesterday 3.6.9 if I recall right.
>>> I'm outside with my hand-held at the moment!
>>>
>>> Imtiaz
>>>
>>> Imtiaz Ahmed H E
>>> Cell +91.98452 84561
>>> Bangalore, India
>>>
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
>>> Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 08:30:26
>>> To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
>>> Reply-To: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
>>> Subject: Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
>>>
>>> strange
>>>
>>> what browser are you using?
>>>
>>> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in.imtiaz@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> It works for me for the 'tags' 1.1 version with Derby jdbc.
>>>>
>>>> But there's a nice new bug apparently, where the search results don't
>>>> show
>>>> the message, for example, searching for 'abra' in
>>>>
>>>> imtiaz4
>>>> abra abra
>>>> public 9 minutes ago via web
>>>>
>>>> results in
>>>>
>>>> imtiaz4
>>>> public 10 minutes ago web
>>>>
>>>> Imtiaz
>>>>
>>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Hirsch"
>>>> <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
>>>> To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
>>>> Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 11:02 AM
>>>> Subject: Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 5:59 AM, Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in.imtiaz@gmail.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Didn't actually try running the tagged version (1.1)...
>>>>>
>>>>> Looked at the compass config files.
>>>>>
>>>>> Did you use compass.jdbc.cfg.xml (for Derby) or
>>>>> compass.mysql.jdbc.cfg.xml
>>>>> (for MySQL) ?
>>>>
>>>> used both - I tried to localize the problem with the derby-based file
>>>>>
>>>>> Obviously, you did this - for the MySQL version provided the
>>>>> appropriate
>>>>> driverManager element in the config xml file ? Right now the file has
>>>>> the
>>>>> element commented out and without any real values...as I had created
>>>>> it.
>>>>
>>>> I added the values for the stax environment and deployed it there but
>>>> it didn't work
>>>>>
>>>>> The jdbc Derby version should work, it *had* worked for me when I
>>>>> renamed
>>>>> it
>>>>> to compass.cfg.xml, when I fixed it earlier...
>>>>
>>>> it worked for me as well - what is strange is that the derby-based
>>>> index db isn't being created when the app starts and after adding a
>>>> word and then searching, nothing is found. I thought my UI changes
>>>> might be the reason but when I changed to file-based compass indexes
>>>> it worked.
>>>>>
>>>>> Let me know and let's see if I need to try out the tagged version on
my
>>>>> system...
>>>>>
>>>>> As Ethan suggested once, enter a new message and look for a word in the
>>>>> message...
>>>>>
>>>>> Imtiaz
>>>>>
>>>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Hirsch"
>>>>> <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
>>>>> To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
>>>>> Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 1:50 AM
>>>>> Subject: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>> I've been testing the tagged version and I'm having some problems
with
>>>>>> the jdbc-based search. I tried it on stax and it didn't work and
then
>>>>>> I tried it locally and it didn't work. I switched back to file-based
>>>>>> indexes and it worked again. Maybe someone else can have a look to
see
>>>>>> if the tagged version has some error.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> What is strange is that it worked at one time. I have no idea what
>>>>>> changed.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>>
>>>>>> D.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>

Mime
View raw message