From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hudson build became unstable: ESME » Apache Enterprise Social Messaging Experiment (ESME) #339
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 04:42:26 GMT
There's some good news and some bad news regarding the tests.

The good news is that I managed to reproduce the failing test fairly
easily- running the test in a loop until it fails resulted in a fail
after 10-15 minutes on my machine.

The bad news is that with my fixes it still fails eventually, if not faster.

This means we will probably have to revert to using the good
old-fashioned timeouts, which are a tradeoff between risking the test
to fail and slowing it down too much.

The problem is certainly not critical for release, of course, but
eventually I want to have more deterministic tests, but this probably
means some small additions to the Distributor API.

Vassil