From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hudson build became unstable: ESME » Apache Enterprise Social Messaging Experiment (ESME) #339
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 08:15:36 GMT
Actually there's conductor actor in Specs, I seem to steal ideas from
there a lot lately :)

The problem is that when there are multiple cascaded asyncronous
calls, it doesn't work so well in practice. For instance, I can
guarantee that NewMessage has been received, but the AddToMailbox
might not have been received, even though it's "sent" before
NewMessage.

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:
> Vassil,
>
> At some point I'm going to put your conductor actor into the API2 and
> API tests. That was a great idea. (Did I already say this back when
> you first checked it in? I definitely thought it :-)
>
> Ethan
>
> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 9:10 PM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org> wrote:
>> OK, after one hour and 276 times of running the TwitterAPI test
>> without a failure I decided it's OK and committed.
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Sorry, I had assumed I know which test failed even before reading the
>>> spec description... I was wrong, and I was trying to "fix" the wrong
>>> test. I now tried to apply the fix again and I'm currently running the
>>> tests in a loop again. If they haven't failed after 2 hours, I will
>>> commit.
>>>
>>> Vassil

The problem is
Will try to look