incubator-esme-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 07:28:58 GMT
I'll test again tomorrow and if the problem still exists - I'll create
a JIRA item with a better description of the steps I took - then we
can compare.

@Imtiaz - can you post a JIRA issue with the search bug using FF

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 8:35 AM,  <in.imtiaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> FireFox latest update happened yesterday 3.6.9 if I recall right.
> I'm outside with my hand-held at the moment!
>
> Imtiaz
>
> Imtiaz Ahmed H E
> Cell +91.98452 84561
> Bangalore, India
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 08:30:26
> To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
> Reply-To: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
>
> strange
>
> what browser are you using?
>
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in.imtiaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It works for me for the 'tags' 1.1 version with Derby jdbc.
>>
>> But there's a nice new bug apparently, where the search results don't show
>> the message, for example, searching for 'abra' in
>>
>> imtiaz4
>> abra abra
>> public 9 minutes ago via web
>>
>> results in
>>
>> imtiaz4
>> public 10 minutes ago  web
>>
>> Imtiaz
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Hirsch" <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
>> To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
>> Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 11:02 AM
>> Subject: Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 5:59 AM, Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in.imtiaz@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Didn't actually try running the tagged version (1.1)...
>>>
>>> Looked at the compass config files.
>>>
>>> Did you use compass.jdbc.cfg.xml (for Derby) or compass.mysql.jdbc.cfg.xml
>>> (for MySQL) ?
>>
>> used both - I tried to localize the problem with the derby-based file
>>>
>>> Obviously, you did this - for the MySQL version provided the appropriate
>>> driverManager element in the config xml file ? Right now the file has the
>>> element commented out and without any real values...as I had created it.
>>
>> I added the values for the stax environment and deployed it there but
>> it didn't work
>>>
>>> The jdbc Derby version should work, it *had* worked for me when I renamed
>>> it
>>> to compass.cfg.xml, when I fixed it earlier...
>>
>> it worked for me as well - what is strange is that the derby-based
>> index db isn't being created when the app starts and after adding a
>> word and then searching, nothing is found.  I thought my UI changes
>> might be the reason but when I changed to file-based compass indexes
>> it worked.
>>>
>>> Let me know and let's see if I need to try out the tagged version on my
>>> system...
>>>
>>> As Ethan suggested once, enter a new message and look for a word in the
>>> message...
>>>
>>> Imtiaz
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Hirsch"
>>> <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
>>> To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
>>> Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 1:50 AM
>>> Subject: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
>>>
>>>
>>>> I've been testing the tagged version and I'm having some problems with
>>>> the jdbc-based search. I tried it on stax and it didn't work and then
>>>> I tried it locally and it didn't work. I switched back to file-based
>>>> indexes and it worked again. Maybe someone else can have a look to see
>>>> if the tagged version has some error.
>>>>
>>>> What is strange is that it worked at one time. I have no idea what
>>>> changed.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>>
>>>> D.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message