From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ESME - 266 - my fix in progress, hopefully...
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 16:19:00 GMT
I wasn't specific enough and I may have been wrong about what is
happening. I was having a really hard time debugging the issue
internally in ESME.

But to bring it back to exactly what I expected to happen vs. what does happen:

Currently, as you say, we get the message: "from:esjewett - Twitter
Search  http://search.twitter.com/search?q=from:esjewett - imtiaz4 -
public 10 hours ago  url:HTRLNO5RJ4JIUH2P"

What I expect to get is: "esjewett: So, what are the kids using for
Twitter on Windows these days? Yup, it's my first day back at work! -
http://twitter.com/esjewett/statuses/22693547542 - imtiaz4 - public 10
hours ago  url:HTRLNO5RJ4JIUH2P"

In other words, at some point in the past it would insert tweets into
the timeline, but it doesn't do that any more.

Here's what I don't know:

1. Is it because the ".atom" disappeared from the URL? I haven't been
able to determine what URL it is attempting to get messages from.

2. Is it because of a problem with Twitter's feed? I think not because
the same thing happens for the RSS and Atom versions of the feed, but
I haven't verified by testing with a known good feed.

3. When this started happening

Sorry for the confusion. Hopefully that clarifies it a little bit.

Ethan

P.S. Any recommendations of good Windows twitter clients would be most
welcome :-)

action will put content from the page "http://search.twitter.com/search?q=+from%3Aesjewett"
into the timeline instead of content from the atom feed "http://search.twitter.com/search.atom?q=+from%3Aesjewett".
"