From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-incubating-1.1 - Second vote
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 07:34:36 GMT
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried it locally and got this:
>
> D:\apache\Release>gpg --verify apache-esme-1.1-incubating.src.tar.gz.asc
> gpg: Signature made 09/24/10 14:55:32 using RSA key ID FA51B6C5
> gpg: Good signature from "Richard Hirsch (CODE SIGNING KEY) <rhirsch@apache.org>
> "
>
> Could it be that I created my key incorrectly - I'm still a novice in
> that area :->

The problem is that neither of the following files contain that
FA51B6C5 key, so you probably need to update them by re-exporting that
FA51B6C5 key:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/esme/trunk/KEYS
http://apache.org/dist/incubator/esme/KEYS

both contain your other 6FACF917 key (tested with curl <that URL> |
gpg --import) - the binary block in them is the same despite the
header saying otherwise.

The signature of the .asc file is obviously right according to your
test, but people should be able to get your key from those files.

-Bertrand