incubator-esme-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Imtiaz Ahmed H E" <in.imt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search - Created ESME 279
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2010 03:29:15 GMT
Can you close the Jira issue? Or, should I? Is it that the reporter closes 
an issue after verifying that it is fixed ?

The issue is showing up as unscheduled...I'm not able to change it to Fix 
For Release 1.1...would you...I can't figure out how to do that in the Jira 
UI!

Imtiaz

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Richard Hirsch" <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search - Created ESME 279


This was a problem with the html code - I've corrected it.

I still need to check to see if JDBC problem is still present

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in.imtiaz@gmail.com> 
wrote:
> For the record, I was always using FireFox and I didn't have this
> straightforward problem before. It looks as if the problem crept in
> during/after Dick's vacation since I fixed search during his vacation and
> didn't have this problem.
> As this and Dick's mail imply, it may have crept in since as part of the
> changes to handle browser dependencies or maybe some other Message-related
> code changes.
> Should be easy to narrow down.
>
> Created ESME - 279 : Search result does not show message text for matches.
>
> Imtiaz
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Hirsch" 
> <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
> To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>; <in.imtiaz@gmail.com>
> Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 12:58 PM
> Subject: Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
>
>
> I'll test again tomorrow and if the problem still exists - I'll create
> a JIRA item with a better description of the steps I took - then we
> can compare.
>
> @Imtiaz - can you post a JIRA issue with the search bug using FF
>
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 8:35 AM, <in.imtiaz@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> FireFox latest update happened yesterday 3.6.9 if I recall right.
>> I'm outside with my hand-held at the moment!
>>
>> Imtiaz
>>
>> Imtiaz Ahmed H E
>> Cell +91.98452 84561
>> Bangalore, India
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
>> Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 08:30:26
>> To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
>> Reply-To: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
>>
>> strange
>>
>> what browser are you using?
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in.imtiaz@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> It works for me for the 'tags' 1.1 version with Derby jdbc.
>>>
>>> But there's a nice new bug apparently, where the search results don't
>>> show
>>> the message, for example, searching for 'abra' in
>>>
>>> imtiaz4
>>> abra abra
>>> public 9 minutes ago via web
>>>
>>> results in
>>>
>>> imtiaz4
>>> public 10 minutes ago web
>>>
>>> Imtiaz
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Hirsch"
>>> <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
>>> To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
>>> Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 11:02 AM
>>> Subject: Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
>>>
>>>
>>> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 5:59 AM, Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in.imtiaz@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Didn't actually try running the tagged version (1.1)...
>>>>
>>>> Looked at the compass config files.
>>>>
>>>> Did you use compass.jdbc.cfg.xml (for Derby) or
>>>> compass.mysql.jdbc.cfg.xml
>>>> (for MySQL) ?
>>>
>>> used both - I tried to localize the problem with the derby-based file
>>>>
>>>> Obviously, you did this - for the MySQL version provided the 
>>>> appropriate
>>>> driverManager element in the config xml file ? Right now the file has
>>>> the
>>>> element commented out and without any real values...as I had created 
>>>> it.
>>>
>>> I added the values for the stax environment and deployed it there but
>>> it didn't work
>>>>
>>>> The jdbc Derby version should work, it *had* worked for me when I
>>>> renamed
>>>> it
>>>> to compass.cfg.xml, when I fixed it earlier...
>>>
>>> it worked for me as well - what is strange is that the derby-based
>>> index db isn't being created when the app starts and after adding a
>>> word and then searching, nothing is found. I thought my UI changes
>>> might be the reason but when I changed to file-based compass indexes
>>> it worked.
>>>>
>>>> Let me know and let's see if I need to try out the tagged version on my
>>>> system...
>>>>
>>>> As Ethan suggested once, enter a new message and look for a word in the
>>>> message...
>>>>
>>>> Imtiaz
>>>>
>>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Hirsch"
>>>> <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
>>>> To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
>>>> Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 1:50 AM
>>>> Subject: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> I've been testing the tagged version and I'm having some problems with
>>>>> the jdbc-based search. I tried it on stax and it didn't work and then
>>>>> I tried it locally and it didn't work. I switched back to file-based
>>>>> indexes and it worked again. Maybe someone else can have a look to see
>>>>> if the tagged version has some error.
>>>>>
>>>>> What is strange is that it worked at one time. I have no idea what
>>>>> changed.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>
>>>>> D.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
> 


Mime
View raw message