incubator-esme-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From in.imt...@gmail.com
Subject Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 06:35:00 GMT
FireFox latest update happened yesterday 3.6.9 if I recall right.
I'm outside with my hand-held at the moment!

Imtiaz

Imtiaz Ahmed H E
Cell +91.98452 84561
Bangalore, India


-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 08:30:26 
To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Reply-To: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search

strange

what browser are you using?

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in.imtiaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> It works for me for the 'tags' 1.1 version with Derby jdbc.
>
> But there's a nice new bug apparently, where the search results don't show
> the message, for example, searching for 'abra' in
>
> imtiaz4
> abra abra
> public 9 minutes ago via web
>
> results in
>
> imtiaz4
> public 10 minutes ago  web
>
> Imtiaz
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Hirsch" <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
> To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
> Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 11:02 AM
> Subject: Re: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
>
>
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 5:59 AM, Imtiaz Ahmed H E <in.imtiaz@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Didn't actually try running the tagged version (1.1)...
>>
>> Looked at the compass config files.
>>
>> Did you use compass.jdbc.cfg.xml (for Derby) or compass.mysql.jdbc.cfg.xml
>> (for MySQL) ?
>
> used both - I tried to localize the problem with the derby-based file
>>
>> Obviously, you did this - for the MySQL version provided the appropriate
>> driverManager element in the config xml file ? Right now the file has the
>> element commented out and without any real values...as I had created it.
>
> I added the values for the stax environment and deployed it there but
> it didn't work
>>
>> The jdbc Derby version should work, it *had* worked for me when I renamed
>> it
>> to compass.cfg.xml, when I fixed it earlier...
>
> it worked for me as well - what is strange is that the derby-based
> index db isn't being created when the app starts and after adding a
> word and then searching, nothing is found.  I thought my UI changes
> might be the reason but when I changed to file-based compass indexes
> it worked.
>>
>> Let me know and let's see if I need to try out the tagged version on my
>> system...
>>
>> As Ethan suggested once, enter a new message and look for a word in the
>> message...
>>
>> Imtiaz
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Hirsch"
>> <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
>> To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
>> Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 1:50 AM
>> Subject: [REL 1.1] Problems with JDBC-based Search
>>
>>
>>> I've been testing the tagged version and I'm having some problems with
>>> the jdbc-based search. I tried it on stax and it didn't work and then
>>> I tried it locally and it didn't work. I switched back to file-based
>>> indexes and it worked again. Maybe someone else can have a look to see
>>> if the tagged version has some error.
>>>
>>> What is strange is that it worked at one time. I have no idea what
>>> changed.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> D.
>>
>>
>
>
Mime
View raw message