From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ESME-214...
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 16:50:42 GMT
Container based authentication is the idea that the container (jetty,
tomcat, etc.) is used to authenticate the user rather than using the
ESME internal (Open-ID, username-password) methods.  For example, if
container authentication would be active then the user can sign on via
an external corporate single sign on mechanism and then ESME would
take the information from this system and use it as the user id.

This may be associated with the use of a corporate LDAP. You might
want to take a look at Lift's LDAP support to get an initial
impression of what is necessary.

Until I get back and do a full spec in JIRA for container-based
authentication,  ESME 108 might be easier to work on