From in.imt...@gmail.com
Subject Re: ESME-170 - PubSubHubub
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:34:56 GMT
That's a ton of info. Thanks.

To keep it simple, it is best if you create a new branch from current trunk with name pubsubhubub-2.

I can copy over changes from yours if needed.

Imtiaz

Imtiaz Ahmed H E
Cell +91.98452 84561
Bangalore, India

-----Original Message-----
From: Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 07:25:42
To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: ESME-170 - PubSubHubub

Yes, several. You can either work on that branch directly, or start
over by submitting a patch with a different branch created (or I can
create one for you - just let me know the name you want). Create a
branch locally by using the instructions at
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch04s02.html

Because the branch has gotten out of sync with trunk, it is difficult
to diff the branch. If you want to see a diff between the branch and
trunk you can do (I kid you not):

svn diff -r985659:980193

That actually gives a diff between those two revisions, so as soon as
someone makes a new commit to either trunk or the branch it will no
longer be valid. To find out what revision a branch is currently on,
you go into the main directory of that branch and run (or so I read on
the internet):

svn log --limit 1

The more manual option, but the option I prefer, is to browse
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/esme/branches/tagandconversationfollow/
 Based on the log entires, you can see which files I changed, and the
tool will show you the change history since the branch with diffs, so
you can see fairly easily what was changed.

Ethan