From "Imtiaz Ahmed H E" <in.imt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search error when using JDBC for search (was "Metadata handling")
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 11:12:23 GMT
The JDBC-only compass index case itself was not working and I have fixed
that alone in the patch now attached to Esme Jira-205. (File
EsmeJira205_JDBC_Only_Fix_Patch.diff)

Rename the file props/compass.jdbc.cfg.xml to compass.cfg.xml & package &
run, and you have a jdbc compass index (Derby db).

The jdbc-jndi usage should be possible now with the appropriate setup of
Compass & app container config ?

Ethan, if you attend to this, let me know further...

Imtiaz

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ethan Jewett" <esjewett@gmail.com>
To: <esme-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: Search error when using JDBC for search (was "Metadata
handling")

Hi Imtiaz,

Using the filesystem option works fine for me if I check out the
latest trunk and do a "mvn jetty:run". No modification to any files.
Doing a clean checkout might be required if there is an existing
compass index that has gotten corrupted.

It should find any term that exists in a message, so just send a new
message ("Test message" for example) and then search for a word in the
message ("test"). If that doesn't work, then we have an issue.

Ethan