incubator-esme-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: More Compile Errors
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2010 06:42:29 GMT
David has fixed the issue:

http://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/tickets/544

but broken other stuff in preparation for the new Lift 2.0 release.
OTOH, I can also revert the last fix to the tests (annotating the
get/post methods with type signatures), which is will make them more
readable.


On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 10:59 PM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org> wrote:
> No sooner than you've written your mail, David has assigned the
> ticket. I don't expect it to take much considering the working version
> was there before the refactoring.
>
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for finding out what the problem is.
>>
>> Let's see how @dpp and the rest of the Lift team responds
>>
>> D.
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org> wrote:
>>> There, I've debugged the issue to a refactoring in Lift and submitted a ticket:
>>>
>>> https://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/tickets/544-testframework-throws-nullpointerexception-on-empty-body
>>>
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org> wrote:
>>>> It seems that whenever empty content is expected, a
>>>> NullPointerException is thrown in the Lift helpers, because the whole
>>>> input stream is null. I'll try and see in the next days if this is
>>>> something that needs to be fixed in Lift or just the test mocks (which
>>>> were heavily refactored the last couple of days).
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org>
wrote:
>>>>> Very possible, I noticed this too, but didn't have time to
>>>>> investigate. I'll find the last working build and check the changes.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>>> We now get some strange test failures - they are associated with
GETs
>>>>>> instead of posts.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Could there be a link with changes in the Lift Testkit?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Tests in error:
>>>>>>  API2 should /user/messages GET when no new messages exist, returns
>>>>>> 204 (no content)
>>>>>>  API2 should /user/messages?timeout=2 GET when no new messages exist,
>>>>>> returns 204 (no content)
>>>>>>  API2 should /pools/POOLID/messages GET with valid session and new
messages
>>>>>>  API2 should /pools/POOLID/messages GET when no new messages exist,
>>>>>> returns 204 (no content)
>>>>>>  API2 should /pools/POOLID/messages?timeout=2 GET with valid session
>>>>>>  API2 should /pools/POOLID/messages?timeout=2 GET when no new
>>>>>> messages exist, returns 204 (no content)
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>>>> Thanks - this fixed the problem
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org>
wrote:
>>>>>>>> I've committed a fix, try it now please.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> It should be easy to modify if there's a more elegant solution
to this problem.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Vassil
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 11:53 AM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org>
wrote:
>>>>>>>>> Due to a refactoring it seems that now the type inferencer
cannot put
>>>>>>>>> the right implicit and we must provide it a type hint.
One possible
>>>>>>>>> fix is for all get and post methods to be replaced with:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> get[Response]
>>>>>>>>> post[Response]
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I'll try to submit a fix soon.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>>>>>>> We are currently experiencing some errors during
our compile.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I think it is assocaited with changes in the lift
Testkit.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I've tried to find a solution but haven't been successful.
Can
>>>>>>>>>> somebody else take a look and see if they spot the
problem.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> D.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> [INFO] Compiling 7 source files to
>>>>>>>>>> /export/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/ESME/server/target/test-classes
>>>>>>>>>> [WARNING] /export/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/ESME/server/src/test/scala/org/apache/esme/api/ApiTest.scala:84:
>>>>>>>>>> error: no implicit argument matching parameter type
(String,
>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient,
>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase) =>
T was found.
>>>>>>>>>> [WARNING] login <- post("/api/login", "token"
-> token) !@ "Failed to
>>>>>>>>>> log in" if (testSuccess(login))
>>>>>>>>>> [WARNING] ^ [WARNING]
>>>>>>>>>> /export/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/ESME/server/src/test/scala/org/apache/esme/api/API2Test.scala:51:
>>>>>>>>>> error: no implicit argument matching parameter type
(String,
>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient,
>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase) =>
Nothing was found.
>>>>>>>>>> [WARNING] val post_session = post("session", "token"
-> token)
>>>>>>>>>>  [WARNING] ^ [WARNING]
>>>>>>>>>> /export/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/ESME/server/src/test/scala/org/apache/esme/api/API2Test.scala:94:
>>>>>>>>>> error: no implicit argument matching parameter type
(String,
>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient,
>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase) =>
T was found.
>>>>>>>>>> [WARNING] session <- post("session", "token" ->
"000000") [WARNING] ^
>>>>>>>>>> [WARNING]
>>>>>>>>>>  three errors found
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

Mime
View raw message