From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Jira gardening - Issue recommendations - please respond with disagreements
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 13:45:59 GMT
Hi all,

I've got through the Jira issues for Release 1.1 over the last week. I
have closed several of them that are fixed and moved several of them
to the backlog if they were not required for a 1.1 release (we had
discussed that our only must-add/fix issues for 1.1 are the new UI and
LDAP). Just because the issues are in the backlog does not mean we
can't work on them for 1.1, but it does indicate that we can release
without them.

Here are the questions that I did not have answers to or that I think
we need to decide on together. Please respond if you care about what
happens to these issues. If I don't hear anything, then I'll do the
recommended action after a week or so:

[ESME-175] - IE 7 doesn't work at all with new layout
Comment: I believe that this issue is fixed but I cannot test.
Recommendation: Close this issue and open more specific issues for
individual browser rendering problems.

[ESME-100] - Finish web UI
Comment: I think we should stop opening sub-tasks for this issue. The
web UI is pretty much finished and we should manage issues with the
web-UI under the component and not under the issue. I've already
transformed several sub-tasks into issues.
Recommendation: I'll keep an eye on this issue and manually turn new
sub-tasks in to their own issues.

[ESME-194] - User Page is buggy
Comment: I think this is no longer an issue, but I don't understand
what the issue was in the first place
Recommendation: Resolve

[ESME-196] - Message layout in IE6 is broken
Comment: I believe that this issue is fixed but I cannot test.
Recommendation: Resolve

[ESME-155] - DB Problems during Tomcat shutdown
Comment: I think Dick fixed this this weekend.
Recommendation: Resolve

[ESME-180] - Creating a new pool doesn't lead to a ajax-based refresh
Comment: I think Dick fixed this this weekend.
Recommendation: Resolve

[ESME-198] - Action: We need an action that tests for a specific message id
Comment: Nice to have, but do we need it in release 1.1?
Recommendation: Move to backlog

[ESME-178] - Paging of old results
Comment: Nice to have, but does not need to be in release 1.1
Recommendation: Move to backlog

We have only 16 issues left in Release 1.1 at this point! Not much
farther to go now :-)

Ethan