incubator-esme-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange error on streams page
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 18:43:47 GMT
I think I discovered why the streams page isn't working.  After the user
changes the selectboxes, an AJAX call is set to the server, this call works
correctly and a JQuery call is returned to the browser. This javascript
call, however, is not being executed and therefore the message data is not
being changed. I've spent the day tracking down the problem but haven't
found a solution.  I'm considering returning to the old table-based solution
until we can find a solution.  Better to have a working but ugly solution as
one that is broken

D.

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Dick,
>
> Sorry for the delayed reply and thanks for reminding me that I
> promised to look at this issue.
>
> Since the StreamMgr.scala hasn't changed, then the problem must be in
> the streams.html. There's the following comment inside it, which
> explains what has happened:
>
> <!-- The displayStreams snippet *MUST* appear on the page before the
> main snippet -->
>
> Unfortunately, this comment is at the end of the page and there's
> nothing after the displayStreams snippet. Since in this snippet a
> couple of JavaScript variables are initialized, and the order of
> evaluation is important, these variables are never accessed in the
> previous JavaScript statements. I guess this is the reason for the
> Lift warnings, and this is actually a great hint!
>
> One way to solve this if we want to show whatever's generated from the
> displayStreams snippet *below* the other snippets is to move it in the
> DOM after the page is loaded at the bottom of the page (and I'm no
> expert, so there might be better solutions).
>
> Hope this helps,
> Vassil
>
> P.S. I'm currently trying to test this, but for some reason I don't
> get any messages in the streams page- will next try to see why.
>
>
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I found the error but unfortunately I didn't find a solution. I checked
> and
> > the problem exists in our first tagged release as well.
> >
> > The problem is that the jquery command doesn't fire correctly after the
> UI
> > changes (for example, selecting a pool).  In StreamManager, there is the
> > code block:
> >
> >      val jsId = "timeline_messages"
> >      val msgs = Message.findAll(query: _*)
> >      Script(
> >        OnLoad(JsCrVar(jsId, JsArray(
> >            msgs.map(m => JsObj(("message", m.asJs)) ) :_*)) &
> >        JsFunc("displayMessages", JsVar(jsId), jsId).cmd)
> >      )
> >
> > This creates the correct jquery call which is actually received in the
> > browser via ajax. The problem is that for some reason the displayMessages
> > script isn't being called which means that the UI is not updated.
> >
> > Can anybody help me here.
> >
> > D.
> >
> >
> > On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> It looks like I found the problem - I'll commit a solution on Monday.
> >>
> >> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 5:47 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >>
> >>> Good morning - another early riser I'm happy to see.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 5:43 AM, Vassil Dichev <vdichev@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> If nobody is looking at this, I'll take a look at the error this week.
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>> That would be great - I think I broke something somewhere but I can't
> >>> figure out what I broke :-<
> >>>
> >>>>
> >>>> Just to let you know, I'm still here and following the discussions-
> >>>> you're all doing a great job with the UI!
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>> Thanks - It is definitely a team effort  - I think the strategy of lots
> of
> >>> little commits from a variety of people rather than big ones is much
> more
> >>> effective.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>> Vassil
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Richard Hirsch <
> hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
> >>>> wrote:
> >>>> > There is currently a strange error on the streams page.
> >>>> >
> >>>> > The select boxes don't upate the timeline and we get a strange
> error:
> >>>> >
> >>>> > WARN - RequestVar org.apache.esme.lib.StreamMgr$updateStream$_
was
> set
> >>>> but
> >>>> > not read
> >>>> >
> >>>> > The def redisplay(): method in StreamMgr.scala is being called
but "
> >>>> val
> >>>> > redisplayStream = updateStream.is" isn't working.
> >>>> >
> >>>> > I tried to track down the error but couldn't find out what the
> problem
> >>>> > was....
> >>>> >
> >>>> > Maybe someone can take a look at see if they see anything
> >>>> >
> >>>> > D.
> >>>> >
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message