From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: pubsubhubbub
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 17:36:29 GMT
Not very far, but enough to build on, and I plan to keep going once I'm on
my sabbatical (starting in 1 week!!). There is a branch in the svn
repository that has all my progress in it.

The basic approach was in to parts:

1. Add an indicator to the action that the feed is PSHB-enabled (determined
by analyzing the feed when the action is polled), and in this case we would
never start the poller. Instead we would initiate a subscription.

2. The second half was to add a PSHB handler that could receive callbacks
from hubs related to specific actions and post messages based on these
callbacks.

I think I got about 1/3 done with each of these tasks :-)

An additional nice-to-have would be to implement use of the optional signing
scheme for hubs that support it, though this is not necessary to reach our
current level of security.

Ethan