From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Text wrapping in timeline and popular message/links (ESME-112 and ESME-186)
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 23:00:38 GMT
I just checked in word-wrap based fixes for both the timeline and the
popular messages/links. Word on the street is that this actually
should work in IE as well. Can someone build trunk and test, at least
on IE7? Any really long link with only normal characters in it (not -)
should trigger the issue.

Thanks,
Ethan

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Anne Kathrine Petterøe
<yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, so we need to find a way to deal with text wrapping.
> We should probably decide which browsers to support in release 1.1 and take it from there.
>

> On 28. mars 2010, at 19.22, Ethan Jewett wrote:
>
>> Yup, understood re. big companies still using IE6. I was just
>> wondering if any of our specific users (Siemens, at least) still
>> consider it supported internally. If not, then it might make sense to
>> consider not supporting it if it is a lot of extra work.
>>
>> On the messages front, it's just messages with long links, or other
>> long unbroken text strings that suffer the wrapping problem.
>>
>> Ethan
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Anne Kathrine Petterøe
>> <yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Is the wrapping problem for messages for all messages or just those containing
long links?

>>> The problem is that many big companies still use IE6 and won't care about end-of-life
dates.
>>> @Dick: IE6 support is still important for Siemens right?

from the UI for the 1.1 release.

CSS3 has the