From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A few requests and few bugs
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 13:40:07 GMT
On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:

> But we've used actions with tag-based tests in the same way.  For example,
> in the akibot and 12sprints integrations.

After reading the Jira ticket it makes more sense to me. I took this
as asking for an action that waits for a particular message and then
does something. But you are actually asking for an action that waits
for *replies* to particular messages and does something.

What I'm wondering now is whether we want to test on the message being
replied to or the conversation associated with the message. What do
you think? I'm thinking that the conversation makes more sense,
because it will catch replies to replies, for example.

Depending on what the developers are trying to accomplish, there may
also be ways to use the API to do this.

Ethan