From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modal Dialogs: Getting there
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:17:15 GMT
On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's great!
>
> Can we discuss for a second where it makes sense to use modal dialogs?
> It seems to me that moving the following to modal dialogs makes a lot
> of sense:
>
> 1. Track creation (already done except for formatting, it looks like)

Yep - still got to work on the css

> 2. Action creation (help will go directly into the modal dialog, I'd
> imagine)

2 dialogs help and creation

> 3. Token creation

Yep

> 4. Pool creation

I want to but this might be a bit more difficult.

I'm also considering putting the sign in a modal instead of on a seprate
page but still thinking about it

> I think filter setting on the Streams page is a little more iffy and
> the modal dialog could be confusing (though the tab page is confusing
> already, so we should probably pursue something different here, like
> having the filters inline at the top of the page).

Agreed

> However, I'm concerned about moving the popular links and messages to
> modal dialogs. My impressions and understanding is that from a UI
> perspective modal dialogs are considered very powerful, but they can
> be really unhelpful in a lot of situations.

The problem is that currently both features break the UI.  The links are too
long and large messages look horrible.

What about dialogs that aren't modal?