From Vassil Dichev <vdic...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Timeline broken on http://esmecloudserverapache.dickhirsch.staxapps.net/user/esjewett
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:49:32 GMT
Ethan, are all of the top messages in your timeline from a pool? Try
sending a message to the public pool and see if it shows up.

I think this is a case where pool security kicks in. In short, all DB
queries related to messages are modified so that they only return
messages from the user's pools. The interesting part is that you
should be able to see all your messages if you're logged in with the
same user.

What this means is that queries that are restricted by count shouldn't
depend on another query executed independently before it. If the whole
thing is not executed as one query, the count from the first query
might be reduced in the second. In most instances ESME does the right
thing, but AFAIK this is the only place where the expected number of
messages might be reduced.

I'll try to integrate this in a single query and see if it works.