From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modal Dialogs: Getting there
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2010 17:22:16 GMT
Yup, understood re. big companies still using IE6. I was just
wondering if any of our specific users (Siemens, at least) still
consider it supported internally. If not, then it might make sense to
consider not supporting it if it is a lot of extra work.

On the messages front, it's just messages with long links, or other
long unbroken text strings that suffer the wrapping problem.

Ethan

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Anne Kathrine Petterøe
<yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is the wrapping problem for messages for all messages or just those containing long links?
>
> The problem is that many big companies still use IE6 and won't care about end-of-life
dates.
> @Dick: IE6 support is still important for Siemens right?
>

> On 28. mars 2010, at 16.28, Ethan Jewett wrote:
>
>> Sounds like a good approach to me, but keep in mind that we still have
>> the wrapping problem for messages themselves.
>>
>> What is the situation with IE6 support at places that have this
>> deployed currently? I'm thinking since IE6 and most IE7 versions
>> end-of-life is July 13th, those working on the UI might not want to
>> put too much effort into it.
>>
>> Ethan
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 4:52 AM, Anne Kathrine Petterøe
>> <yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I am just afraid that text wrapping is something which will take a significant
amount of time to get right.
>>> Remember we have support the following browsers:
>>> IE6
>>> IE7
>>> IE8
>>> Safari
>>> Firefox
>>>
>>> I think we should put it in the backlog for now and remove these features from
the UI for the 1.1 release.
>>> What say you?

I just