From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New branch for UI
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 01:06:17 GMT
Hi Sig,

Yes, you've got it about right. You are using the pool message API, so
you're getting all messages in a pool. I think you're actually only
posting messages into pools, so those messages shouldn't be showing up
in the public timeline at all.

Ethan

On Sunday, March 7, 2010, Sig Rinde <sig@rinde.com> wrote:
> When we filter by tag locally we request all messages with that tag
> from the public timeline with the poolid in question for that
> particular Thingamy instance.
>
> But then again I might not get quite what you mean by "public timeline"...

> On 7 March 2010 22:30, Sig Rinde <sig@rinde.com> wrote:
>> Being the geek-in-training I think I might have misunderstood Anne...
>>
>> Not sure where we fetch from as we're using pools - and obviously when
>> we filter locally we use all historical messages from the pool. So
>> those would be nice to have.
>>
>> Ethan, I'm sure you know after the search you enabled last for us!
>>
>> (My programmer is at the pub so I'm only the half-wit messenger :))
>>
>> Sig
>>
>> On 7 March 2010 21:46, Anne Kathrine Petter√łe <yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> As I just found out, there is another very important reason to keep the public
timeline and that is thingamy.
>>> They are using it.
>>>
>>> So let's keep it - I also agree with what Darren is saying. A public timeline
for discovery might not be so bad.
>>> We have decided to make the public timeline a separate page on the new UI anyway,
so it won't be in the way for those of us who aren't using it.