From Gianugo Rabellino <g.rabell...@sourcesense.com>
Subject Re: Release 1.0-RC2 in Jira
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 23:06:00 GMT
On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 11:57 PM, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:
> If we are cutting a tag into a trial release in order to help
> ourselves figure out if we are ready to make a release, then I think
> we should call it a "release candidate" and we should not go through
> the full Apache release process and we should not "release" it. We
> should just put the RC tarball out on the public site for people to
> evaluate,

Which at great length fits the ASF definition of a release... :)

"Releases are, by definition, anything that is published beyond the
group that owns it. In our case, that means any publication outside
the group of people on the product dev list. If the general public is
being instructed to download a package, then that package has been
released." (http://apache.org/dev/release.html)

--
Gianugo Rabellino
M: +44 779 5364 932 / +39 389 44 26 846