From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ESME for Case Management
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:08:20 GMT
LOL

@sig: I thought you would find that interesting.  The document is
quite large but primarily concentrates on creating models for case
management processes. Once this model existed,  Thingamy could support
it and then people could port Thingamy models to other environments
and vice-versa.

The blog that started my journey today was from Sandy Kemsley:
http://www.column2.com/2010/02/henk-de-man-of-cordys-at-software-2010/

Here is the full link to the OMG file:
http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?bmi/2009-9-23

What I found very interesting was the following description from the document:

"Automation of case management processes will
•	Enhance the ability for business people to learn from case histories
and make timely changes to a case management process model to evolve
the process to be more prescriptive and repeatable
•	Provide the means to ensure that appropriate records are
maintained—a case file—for the history of the case and actions taken
•	Provide for more timely initiation of appropriate action when
relevant circumstances of a case change
•	Provide for the application of regulations and policies at
appropriate points in these ad hoc processes.
•	Provide for the exchange of business process models that include
case management constructs."

I was thinking about the question whether ESME conversations could be
considered part of the case file.  I was also considering how the
"application of regulations and policies" - which reflect more of a
structured approach to processes - would fit into Thingamy/ESME
integration scenarios.

By the way, I just don't ski during the week. Weekends too - in fact,
I went cross country skiing twice today :->

D.