From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LGPL code in ESME (was: ESME-47 "Some Licensing Nits" ...)
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 14:27:28 GMT
Just finished cleaning up our SVN.

Added licenses where needed and threw out files that weren't used. I
added the latest rat listing to the JIRA item. We currently just have
two files with a licensing issue:

 !????? src/main/webapp/scripts/jquery-ui-1.7.2.custom.min.js
 !????? src/main/webapp/style/smoothness/jquery-ui-1.7.2.custom.css

Both have the dual licensing:

 /*
 * jQuery UI 1.7.2
 *
 * Copyright (c) 2009 AUTHORS.txt (http://jqueryui.com/about)
 * Dual licensed under the MIT (MIT-LICENSE.txt)
 * and GPL (GPL-LICENSE.txt) licenses.
 *
 * http://docs.jquery.com/UI
 */

I looked at the thread that Anne mentioned and didn't really find a
final decision.

@mentors: any suggestions

I did some quick testing in the UI. Maybe others can test with the
latest code drop to se if anything else is broken.

D.

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Anne Kathrine Petterøe
<yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
> A discussion on legal-discuss pointed me to this discussion about dual licensing, interesting
to read:
> http://markmail.org/thread/b46v73m6thhm5zw4
>
> /Anne
>
> On 29. jan. 2010, at 20.03, Richard Hirsch wrote:
>
>> We probably have to clean up the JQuery-related script files any way -
>> get the most recent version, etc.
>>
>> D.
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 8:02 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> As Bertrand mentioned in the first post in this thread, this is
>>> probably the way to go...
>>>
>>> http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#3party

MIT