From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat/ESME: Shutdown Problems
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 15:56:54 GMT
I just looked and if we want to use the StandardDBVendor we will have
to rewrite the object DBVendor to use the StandardDBVendor.

Here is a blog with details / examples:
http://jgoday.wordpress.com/2009/12/25/lift-testing-with-dbunit-and-specs/

This means it goes in the next release.

D.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:36 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry. That isn't going to work.
>
> We need to use the StandardDBVendor class first.
>
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>> LiftRules.unloadHooks.append(() => dbVendor.closeAllConnections_!())
>>
>> "dbVendor" instead of "DBVendor"
>> ---------------
>> http://wiki.liftweb.net/index.php/FAQ
>>
>> How do I execute code when my application is unloaded?
>>
>> You can define methods to be called when Lift is unloaded via the
>> LiftRules object in the Boot class.
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> def myUnloader(): Unit = {
>>  // run when Lift is being unloaded
>> }
>>
>> LiftRules.unloadHooks += myUnloader _
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Uday Subbarayan
>> <uday.subbarayan@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> I am new to Scala. I need some time to make this work. I changed this line of
code to,

>>> [WARNING] /home/uday/projects/M1/Prototype/esme/esme/trunk/server/src/main/scala/bootstrap/liftweb/Boot.scala:300:
error: value closeAllConnections_! is not a member of object bootstrap.liftweb.DBVendor

>>> [WARNING]     LiftRules.unloadHooks.append(() => DBVendor.closeAllConnections_!())
>>>                         ^
>>> [WARNING] one error found
>>>
>>> & build FAILS.
>>>
>>> I put it under,
>>>
>>> def releaseConnection(conn: Connection): Unit = synchronized {
>>>     pool = conn :: pool
>>>     LiftRules.unloadHooks.append(() => DBVendor.closeAllConnections_!())
>>>     notify
>>>   }
>>>
>>> & NOT sure whether this is the right place too.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Uday.
>>>
>>> I do not blog but e-write:
>>>
>>> http://uds-web.blogspot.com

with ESME? Just want to make sure that it's not my local environment problem.

in the log file. I also noticed that derby is not getting shutdown. Next time, when i restart
Tomcat, ESME fails to load. I get all kinds of exception in the browser.

fine.. Here is the (partial) stack trace from the log file. Yahoo email is not allowing me
to post full stack.

and a