From Richard Hirsch <hirsch.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat/ESME: Shutdown Problems
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 03:58:40 GMT
More ideas from the lift list:

"You can also add to Boot.scala (given that the StandardDBVendor is
called dbVendor):

LiftRules.unloadHooks.append(() => dbVendor.closeAllConnections_!())

What this will do is close all the DB connections when the context is unloaded.

Additionally, you can switch to H2 which is generally more stable than Derby
in my experience."

Why don't you try adding the line above to Boot.scala to see if it helps.

I've also added a Jira item to deal with the problem:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-155

D.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Uday Subbarayan
<uday.subbarayan@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Tomcat didn't shutdown. I did kill -9 on the process.
>
> Uday.
>
> -------------------------
>
> I do not blog but e-write:
>
> http://uds-web.blogspot.com

Just want to make sure that it's not my local environment problem.

>>> Best,
>>> Uday.

>>> I do not blog but e-write:
>>>
>>> http://uds-web.blogspot.com

log file. I also noticed that derby is not getting shutdown. Next time, when i restart Tomcat,
ESME fails to load. I get all kinds of exception in the browser.

is the (partial) stack trace from the log file. Yahoo email is not allowing me to post full
stack.