From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-incubating-1.0
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 08:29:58 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 8:56 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll probably start with a "mvn dependency:analyze" to see what I can toss.
> I've already found some tests that will have to rewritten.
>
> I'm hoping that once I get rid of the unneeded dependencies, I can do a "mvn
> site" to get the licenses....

In theory yes, but that info is often not reliable as people don't
include up to date license info in their poms.

I generally use mvn dependency:tree to see all dependencies and look
for the ones that are not well-known.

What's important for ESME at this stage I think, is to realize that
when adding new dependencies people should make sure their license is
ok (including transitive dependencies shown by mvn dependency:tree),
and update the LICENSE/NOTICE files when needed.

-Bertrand