From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-incubating-1.0
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 22:10:18 GMT
----- Original Message ----

It is if there are core dependencies on GPL code.  According to GPL
purists a dependency makes your work a derivative and thus subject
to the GPL.  Reasonable people disagree here and there about this topic,
but at Apache we tend to respect the wishes of the copyright author even
if we don't necessarily agree with their interpretation of the law.

If it's just a dependency based on a test suite you are distributing, consider
not distributing the test suite.