From Uday Subbarayan <uday.subbara...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: curl API example (reformat)
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:25:34 GMT
I am resending the same content with Firefox as Chrome messed up with formatting.

Thanks. I got it working.

Here is the steps. (may be this information can be published in the website for others)

Step-0: Generate Token:
Login to ESME via WebGui and used the Tokens menu at the top to create a new token.

Step-1:Construct the curl command:
Here is my example-

curl -X POST -v -u [your user id]:[your token from step-0] -d status="my curl message on feb
24"http://localhost:8080/esme/twitter/statuses/update.xml

My ESME has 'esme' context running in Jetty. I didn't make any config change and is the default
deployment. My WebGUI login is,http://localhost:8080/esme/

Step-2: Execute curl command:
Make sure you have curl installed on your system. My system is Ubuntu. Cut n paste the curl
command in the terminal and hit enter. (For convenience you can keep your WebGui running to
check the message).

After you hit enter, you should get 200 ok status from the server and a XML response. You
can check the new message in the WebGUI and it updates REAL TIME! ( no refresh needed)

Run multiple times curl to see the updates in WebGui. I used Firefox.

Best,
-Uday.