From Ethan Jewett <esjew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Committing code in trunk or RC1 branch
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 13:59:15 GMT
Do the changes need to go into the release we are currently trying to
get pushed out? This would involve doing another vote. If not, then I
think they should go into trunk.

I still need to respond to the release strategy email and might not
get to it until this weekend, but my opinion is that when we are
attempting a release we should have a tag that tracks the release. The
release tag is tightly controlled and any changes to the tag mean that
we must put out a new release candidate to be voted on as whatever
release we are trying to put out (1.0 in this case), but new code can
continue to go into trunk unimpeded.

Ethan