From Uday Subbarayan <uday.subbara...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat/ESME: Shutdown Problems
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 14:57:42 GMT
Thanks. Let me try.
Tomcat 6.0.24 on JDK 1.6 on Ubuntu 8.

Best,
Uday.

-------------------------

I do not blog but e-write:

http://uds-web.blogspot.com

--- On Thu, 2/4/10, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Tomcat/ESME: Shutdown Problems
To: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 10:43 AM

 What version of Tomcat are you using?  What OS are we talking about?

D.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:58 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> More ideas from the lift list:
>
> "You can also add to Boot.scala (given that the StandardDBVendor is
> called dbVendor):
>
> LiftRules.unloadHooks.append(() => dbVendor.closeAllConnections_!())
>
> What this will do is close all the DB connections when the context is unloaded.
>
> Additionally, you can switch to H2 which is generally more stable than Derby
> in my experience."
>
> Why don't you try adding the line above to Boot.scala to see if it helps.
>
> I've also added a Jira item to deal with the problem:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-155
>
> D.
>

> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Uday Subbarayan
> <uday.subbarayan@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Tomcat didn't shutdown. I did kill -9 on the process.
>>
>> Uday.

>> I do not blog but e-write:
>>
>> http://uds-web.blogspot.com

Just want to make sure that it's not my local environment problem.

the log file. I also noticed that derby is not getting shutdown. Next time, when i restart
Tomcat, ESME fails to load. I get all kinds of exception in the browser.

Here is the (partial) stack trace from the log file. Yahoo email is not allowing me to post
full stack.