From Gianugo Rabellino <g.rabell...@sourcesense.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-esme-incubating-1.0 - (Yes Again :->)
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2010 18:15:03 GMT
On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK.
>
> I've tagged a new Release Candidate:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/esme/tags/apache-esme-1.0-incubating/
>
> This means that we have to vote again (sigh!) -.
>
> This time I suggest we test the tagged RC before we do a vote.

While at it, may I suggest the release to be explicitly labeled
1.0RC1? There seem to be some rough edges in the process at least and
possibly somewhere in the code - maybe it would be best to seed a
release candidate or two in short cycles and gather additional peer
review rather than slapping an overpromising 1.0 on the release name?
Plain 1.0 might generate expectations, whilst RCs are generally
believed to be workable enough, yet still have some i's to dot.

For one, I'd be more comfortable in +1'ing releases - I held back mine
as I wanted to so some tests when this bug report came in.

--
Gianugo Rabellino
M: +44 779 5364 932 / +39 389 44 26 846