From Uday Subbarayan <uday.subbara...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat/ESME: Shutdown Problems
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 22:05:48 GMT
Tomcat didn't shutdown. I did kill -9 on the process.

Uday.

-------------------------

I do not blog but e-write:

http://uds-web.blogspot.com

--- On Wed, 2/3/10, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Tomcat/ESME: Shutdown Problems
To: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date: Wednesday, February 3, 2010, 8:00 PM

I got a comment back from David Pollack on the lift list:

http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb/browse_thread/thread/bf498414b18d4226/4299ce36a03749f0?show_docid=4299ce36a03749f0

Was the tomcat process really shutdown or did it hang and you had to kill it.

D.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> No problem in jetty but I remember having problems on occasion with
> derby and tomcat. If I remember correctly, I sometimes had problems
> during hot deploys.
>
> D.
>
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Uday Subbarayan
> <uday.subbarayan@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Thanks. Did you try to shutting down & starting your container with ESME? Just
want to make sure that it's not my local environment problem.

>> Best,
>> Uday.

>> I do not blog but e-write:
>>
>> http://uds-web.blogspot.com

file. I also noticed that derby is not getting shutdown. Next time, when i restart Tomcat,
ESME fails to load. I get all kinds of exception in the browser.

>>> Once i manually kill -9 on the java process then everything works fine. Here
is the (partial) stack trace from the log file. Yahoo email is not allowing me to post full
stack.