From Uday Subbarayan <uday.subbara...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat/ESME: Shutdown Problems
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 18:10:09 GMT
Thanks Ethan & Richard. I need to understand this Scala first :-)

I am going to give it a try in Jetty but this looks to me a basic problem (independent of
any containers)! All open db connections needs to be closed properly.

Best,
-Uday.

-------------------------

I do not blog but e-write:

http://uds-web.blogspot.com

--- On Thu, 2/4/10, Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Ethan Jewett <esjewett@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Tomcat/ESME: Shutdown Problems
To: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date: Thursday, February 4, 2010, 5:25 PM

I've added this info to the Jira ticket. Uday, if you want to add more
detail to the Jira ticket (or even submit a patch for the issue to the
ticket...), that would be great!

Ethan

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just looked and if we want to use the StandardDBVendor we will have
> to rewrite the object DBVendor to use the StandardDBVendor.
>
> Here is a blog with details / examples:
> http://jgoday.wordpress.com/2009/12/25/lift-testing-with-dbunit-and-specs/
>
> This means it goes in the next release.
>
> D.
>
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:36 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>> sorry. That isn't going to work.
>>
>> We need to use the StandardDBVendor class first.
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:34 PM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> LiftRules.unloadHooks.append(() => dbVendor.closeAllConnections_!())
>>>
>>> "dbVendor" instead of "DBVendor"
>>> ---------------
>>> http://wiki.liftweb.net/index.php/FAQ
>>>
>>> How do I execute code when my application is unloaded?
>>>
>>> You can define methods to be called when Lift is unloaded via the
>>> LiftRules object in the Boot class.
>>>
>>> For example:
>>>
>>> def myUnloader(): Unit = {
>>>  // run when Lift is being unloaded
>>> }
>>>
>>> LiftRules.unloadHooks += myUnloader _

error: value closeAllConnections_! is not a member of object bootstrap.liftweb.DBVendor

with ESME? Just want to make sure that it's not my local environment problem.

trace in the log file. I also noticed that derby is not getting shutdown. Next time, when
i restart Tomcat, ESME fails to load. I get all kinds of exception in the browser.

works fine.. Here is the (partial) stack trace from the log file. Yahoo email is not allowing
me to post full stack.

and a