From Uday Subbarayan <uday.subbara...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ESME in Commercial Products
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 14:46:45 GMT
Thanks Richard. This helps. What is the time-frame for code clean up and the clean release?

Thanks,
Uday.

-------------------------

I do not blog but e-write:

http://uds-web.blogspot.com

--- On Mon, 2/1/10, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: ESME in Commercial Products
To: esme-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 9:32 AM

Hi,

When ESME is released (which is our main priority right now), this
will happen based on the Apache License, which allows it to be used in
commercial products - see http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.

At the moment, there are a few files in the ESME source code that have
more restrictive licenses that do not allow them to be redistributed
in an Apache release. We are currently in the process of fixing this
issue.

If you want, you can use ESME code right now for testing or any other
purposes, but our SVN might occasionally contain code with more
restrictive licenses than the Apache License, which will be cleaned up
before the release.

D.