From Uday Subbarayan <uday.subbara...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat/ESME: Shutdown Problems
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 15:30:55 GMT
After I shutdown Tomcat, i see that there is lot's of stack trace in the log file. I also noticed
that derby is not getting shutdown. Next time, when i restart Tomcat, ESME fails to load.
I get all kinds of exception in the browser.

Once i manually kill -9 on the java process then everything works fine. Here is the (partial)
stack trace from the log file. Yahoo email is not allowing me to post full stack.

Best,
Uday.

================
SEVERE:
A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type
[java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@13f79f7]) and a
value of type [org.apache.derby.iapi.services.context.ContextManager]
(value [org.apache.derby.iapi.services.context.ContextManager@b52a28])
but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To
prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.
Feb 3, 2010 7:04:57 AM
 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol destroy
INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Exception in thread "pool-2-thread-14" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at scala.runtime.BoxesRunTime.boxToLong(Unknown Source)
    at net.liftweb.http.S$$anonfun$net$liftweb$http$S$$wrapQuery$1.apply(S.scala:972)
    at net.liftweb.http.S$$anonfun$net$liftweb$http$S$$wrapQuery$1.apply(S.scala:972)
    at scala.List.foreach(List.scala:841)
    at net.liftweb.http.S$.net$liftweb$http$S$$wrapQuery(S.scala:972)
    at net.liftweb.http.S$$anonfun$net$liftweb$http$S$$_nest2InnerInit$1$$anonfun$apply$25.apply(S.scala:1109)
    at net.liftweb.http.S$.net$liftweb$http$S$$doAround(S.scala:906)
    at net.liftweb.http.S$$anonfun$net$liftweb$http$S$$doAround$1.apply(S.scala:907)
    at
 net.liftweb.mapper.MetaProtoExtendedSession$myWrapper$.apply(ProtoExtendedSession.scala:80)
    at net.liftweb.http.S$.net$liftweb$http$S$$doAround(S.scala:907)