From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LGPL code in ESME (was: ESME-47 "Some Licensing Nits" ...)
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:10:05 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Richard Hirsch <hirsch.dick@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...maven-based solution might be more useful...

If what you mean is maven automatically downloading GPL/LGPL stuff at
build time, that's not ok.

Unless there's a big prominent warning that people cannot miss, and
then only if those components are optional.

The key is that whatever is required to use what we release (which is
source code - binary releases are a convenience only) must have an
acceptable license according to http://apache.org/legal/resolved.html

This is just to clarify for everybody, I don't mean you're doing
things wrong ;-)

-Bertrand