From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clowns running the show, isn't that nice?
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 07:54:48 GMT
Hi Joe,

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 8:15 AM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> ...The situation that ESME is faced with is cut-and-dry, and is
> documented here:
>
> http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#header-existingcopyright
>
> The fact is that David violated that particular ASF policy when he
> committed those copyright notices, and the mentors are correct that
> this will block an ESME release.  There is no need to involve legal-discuss
> as this is a policy question, not a legal issue....

I see your point, but there might be a legal issue in the way we
resolve the situation. We might imagine forcibly removing those
notices (as per policy they should not be there) and David indicated
that he "legally" disagrees with this, so I'd still like to discuss
the available options on legal-discuss. Coming up.

-Bertrand