From Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Copyright issue (ESME-47)
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:59:26 GMT
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 7:11 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:59 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> ...I suggest you review the thread that was provided and then see if you want to
reconsider your veto....

> As this vote is not about a technical issue, I don't think there are
> vetos - we should have explicitely specified that this is a majority
> vote.
>
> Robert and Gianugo, did you mean to veto this with your -1s, or just
> express your disagreement with the majority?

i consider making claims about third party copyright ownership rather
than a statement of fact is positively dangerous from a legal
perspective

so, it's a legal team veto until i have chance to review (my exam is
tomorrow morning so i should be able to find some time in the
afternoon)

if anyone objects or feels that i am wrong then please raise on the
legal lists. if sam ruby or a majority of the legal team folks feel
that i'm wrong then i'm happy to be outvoted.

- robert